- Buy the Land
- The first and most important step is to choose your favourite location; then of course there are considerations regarding your needs and use of the property. GoldAcre Estates can assist you in finding that perfect plot and advise you of its suitability for building.
- Design a residence fit for a king!
- As well as the design of the house the architect will also provide other services such as costing the project, licenses and permissions. GoldAcre Estates have worked with numerous architects and can recommend for you the one that would suit your needs. Read our property design section.
- Building a home
- If you have the skills and want to build the property yourself then we can help you with suppliers and experts. If you require a builder we can recommend reputable companies, project managers and help you with the stage licenses etc. Find out more on building your own home.
- Prepare the home to live in
- Once the building process is finished, GoldAcre Estates will be there to ensure you have the final licenses and help you with everything from connecting the utilities to furnishing.
Whether you decide to use GoldAcres Estates complete Design and Build Service or you just need help with a particular part of the build process, we have the experts and the knowledge to help you.
If you are building a place to rent Read more on our property management service.
For some the thought of building your own home is a daunting idea so GoldAcre Estates have created a `Design and Build Service` that will lead you through the whole process and will guarantee that nothing goes wrong from the first concept to your final completion and moving in. The Design and Build Service package has been created to make you to feel comfortable and not scared to design your own dream property.
The service includes:
The design of the property is one of the most crucial steps in building your home. Care and research should be taken to learn about the various options that you have in terms of style, size, materials, insulation etc. in order to incorporate as many of your own ideas into the plans as possible, bearing in mind budget, the feasibility of your ideas and the requirements of the local planning authority. Getting the design right before you start building could prevent costly delays and alterations during the build project. Read more on project management.
Once the design of the building is approved by you and the local authorities, it is time to begin the build process. However, before you rush off and hire a digger, spare some time for planning which will save you time and money.
Once the building process begins, besides the builders, the project will involve the architect, installers, planning officers, suppliers, utility officials, council workmen, etc. all working on the build. If you cannot be on site for the whole process, to make sure that everything runs smoothly, it is best to employ the services of a project manager.
Find the Right Location
The first and most important step is to choose your location and this will depend upon your needs and use of the property. Will it be just for your own use? Will you want to rent it out? Will you want to sell it on immediately? Maybe you will want a property that fulfils each of these needs?
Plot Size and Aspect
The size of the plot will be important not just for the space and privacy it affords you but also for determining the size of property that you will be allowed to build according to the Building Regulations for the area. Most build sizes are linked as a percentage to the size of the plot.
It is not just the size of the building that planning permission covers, but also the height, materials, use, etc. For instance, quite often swimming pools will need separate licenses. One tip is, look at other houses in the neighbourhood and see what type of buildings have been allowed, this isn`t full proof but will give a good indication as to what may be permitted.
When choosing a plot take into account if it has electric, water and a telephone line supplied to the site. If the plot does not have these connections then, usually it is possible to have it connected to the mains supply, but allow this extra cost to be included in your budget.
Buy the Land if you Don`t Already own it
GoldAcre Estates can help you find the ideal plot to build your dream home (or commercial property). We have a range of building plots that vary in size aspect and usage and we are sure that we can find the perfect one for you. To view available plots use our Search Engine
Sometimes it`s the design of the building that will dictate the type and size of plot that will be suitable. Maybe it`s the plot, landscape and views that will dictate the design of the house. The best advice is to be flexible when looking at land to purchase and build on. After all, you have complete control over the design, style, size, aspect etc., so try to view each site individually and not compare it with others.